AL Domain Registration Rules
AL Domain Registration Rules
Please read carefully in order to successfully register your .al domain:
- The applicant of the domain, should provide correct contact information and if required, a unique identifier (e.g. business registration for companies, personal identifier for individuals). If incorrect data is provided the domain will be refused by the Registry.
- Personal ID number, found in the identity card or passport of the registrant should be correct and should correspond with the country provided by the applicant in the Country field.
- The address of the applicant should be correct and fully detailed containing: Street name/number, Building name/number, Entrance number, Floor number, apartment number or further details if available. Failing to provide your fully detailed address will result in a refusal of domain registration by the Registry. Address field should not contain special characters. Only letters, numbers and comma are allowed.
- ZIP code should not contain any blank spaces.
- Telephone/Mobile number provided by the applicant should be correct and should correspond to the Country that the Registrant has provided in the Country’s field.
- The domain that you are looking for should not be in forbidden domain names or in reserved domain names
Applicant of an .al domain can be an entity (physical person, business or other organization) based or not in Albania.
For registrations in subdomains “.com.al, .org.al, .net.al, .edu.al”, an Albanian applicant has to prove first that he belongs to the corresponding organization category in Albania.
The applicant has to accompany his application with supporting documentation proving the fulfilment of the conditions set by the Albanian Registry (AKEP) Regulation, if required by the latter.
Are any restricted domains in the .al zone?
The registration of .al domains is regulated under the document titled: “On the Registration and Administration of Domain Names under .AL and subdomains. Gov.al,. Mil.al,. Edu.al,. Com.al,. Org.al and. Net.al” by the registry. (Unfortunately this document is not in English, we will be please to provide you a copy and help you with any questions you might have)
Article 18 and 19 of this document define the domains which are not allowed for registration. This includes registering trademarks owned by third parties, spamming activities including viruses and hacking tools, activities illegal under Albanian law, geolocation names (in Albania), technical names etc. These articles can be found in this KB article in Albanian and we will be pleased to answer any question you might have in this regard.
NOTE: Before searching for your domain please make sure that it is not a Trademark in DPPI official website. If the domain name is exactly as a Trademark, that domain will not be available for registration and it will be disapproved by the registry.
NOTE: Host.al is registered near the Albanian Institute of Information and Data Protection Commissioner and we are following the national and international law regarding data protection and privacy.